Cahit Arf V1.0 - A Data Extraction Utility for Weka
Cahit Arf by Prime Components is an open source (LGPL licensed) utility for WEKA machine learning library which simplifies data extraction from relational databases and ARFF file preparation. Refer to the User's Guide for more technical details and installation.
- Universal database access through JDBC drivers
- Converts SQL query results to Arff file format of WEKA
- Batch command line and interactive wizard working modes
- Skinned wizard GUI in Java Swing
- Suitable for scheduled batch conversion jobs
- Very easy to install and operate
- Java JDK/JRE 1.3 or later
- A JDBC driver pack of your relational database, the user's guide also includes a short web addresses list of JDBC drivers of most widely used relational databases
Cahit Arf is a famous Turkish mathematician (1910-1997).
Professor Ikeda says :
"To every problem, he has his own idea of approach. The characteristic of his approach is thoroughness; he always seeks invariants, and prefers explicit constructions rather than combination of existing theories. Once he determines his approach, he energetically tackles the problem and never gives up until he achieves his aim. If one studies Cahit Arf's works, which are full of originality and painstaking computations, one will surely wonder where Arf gets his inspirations, and how he gets insight into most complicated computations."
You can read more about his biography and work from following pages
Improvement ideas to be implemented in the next releases of Cahit Arf :
- Parameterized 'select' statements : Building queries with run time parameter(s) would be useful particularly for scheduled batch operations.
- Better API documentation : Source code documented poorly and, hence, API documentation has not generated yet.
- Internationalization (I18n) : Although Cahit Arf is a very small utility and
contains very few UI elements and messages, I18n capability is
considered carefully during coding process. If you wish Cahit Arf to support
your language, translate
'messages.properties'file in the
libdirectory and send it to me, or join the development group.
- Project page at SourceForge :
- Binary :
- Source :
- Anonymous CVS access :
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/cahitarf co ca-dev
Cahit Arf is licensed under the terms of the GNU LGPL. So, you can use, modify, or distribute this software for FREE in either personal/academic or commercial projects.
If you, however, use Cahit Arf utility in commercial projects, and whish to support our open source development effort, we would appreciate your donations.